Prior to the appointment, there are several things the client should do to prepare for the appointment in order to maximize their results. Below are things your clients should review and follow prior to their appointment and why they should follow it. At the end of this module I’ve also included instructions written for your clients to review. You can include this on your website as well as your scheduler/confirmation email.
Things your clients should do prior to the appointment and why:
- Avoid Botox in the treatment area for 4 weeks prior to the appointment. Botox takes about 2-4 weeks to settle, therefore, the Ombre Powder appointment should be scheduled at least 4 weeks after. Failure to do so may result in asymmetry once the Botox has fully settled.
- Avoid facials 2 weeks prior to the appointment and 2 weeks after the appointment. This includes harsh/strong facials such as microdermabrasion, chemical peels, laser facials, etc. Strong facials will cause the skin to be sensitive prior to the appointment. Mild at-home facials such as sheet masks and mild clay masks are okay.
- Avoid strong skincare that contains retinol/retinoids, vitamin A, AHAs, etc. on the forehead area 2 weeks prior to the appointment and 2 weeks after the appointment.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure a week before the appointment and until the healing process has completed. This includes sunbathing, tanning, etc.
- Avoid facial oils around the forehead area a week before the appointment. Excessive oils may result in poor healed results and extended appointment time.
- STRICTLY avoid blood thinners, such caffeine, alcohol and blood thinning medication at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. This includes coffee, caffeinated tea, pre-work, alcoholic beverages, pain killers, and other blood thinning medication. Failure to do so will cause excessive bleeding during the procedure which will result in poor retention, poor healed results and possibly longer procedure times. Blood thinners can also heighten your sensitivity during the procedure and promote sensitivity and discomfort. If your client is on blood thinning medication due to a health condition, please have them consult their doctor prior to stopping any medication. Clients should not stop any medication without their doctor’s approval.
- Avoid exercising the day of the appointment and minimize water intake 3 hours prior to the appointment. Exercising and large intakes of water can thin out your blood.
- If your client is typically oily, have them exfoliate their face prior to the appointment with a gentle chemical or physical exfoliant. This promotes better healed results.
- One of the most important client preparation steps for them is to consider their beauty goals and desired brow results. Some things to consider are size, thickness, length, color, and style. Clients should consider the look that they wish to achieve. Clients should also review the artist’s portfolio and select a few photos of the brows they like from the artist’s page. This will be incredibly beneficial for the artist since it will help the artist understand the client’s beauty goals. As the brow artist, we are the expert in brows and will ensure that the appropriate color and style are chosen, however, the client must be part of that decision-making process. It can be very difficult to ensure that the client is satisfied with the results if they don’t have a general idea of what look they are trying to achieve.
What to include on your website/scheduling platform/confirmation email for your client to review:
To prepare for your appointment:
- No Botox in the forehead and brow area 4 weeks prior to the appointment
- Please avoid facials two weeks prior to the appointment
- This includes microdermabrasion, chemical peels, etc.
- Sheet masks and mild clay mask are acceptable
- Please discontinue harsh skincare products that contain retinols, AHA, vitamin A and active skin care (anti-aging, etc.)
- Please avoid sun exposure one week prior to the appointment
- Discontinue any facial oils in the forehead area
- Please strictly avoid caffeine, alcohol or blood thinners (ex: coffee, caffeinated tea, pain killers) at least 24 hours prior
- If you are oily please exfoliate before your appointment
- Do not exercise the day of your appointment
- Minimize your water intake 3 hours before your appointment