Below are the conditions that are generally required to apply for a Body Art License. Each county, state, and country may have different requirements, so please do your research and check with your local health department for different requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete an approved Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) Exposure Control Training
- Show proof of Hepatitis B vaccine or you may decline to receive the vaccine
- This is commonly recommended to those who work with sharps, blood and bodily fluids.
- Obtain all necessary permits, business licenses, certificates of occupancy use permit, and registrations required for the locations where body art is performed.
- Pay fees and renew annually.